Spring is a beautiful time in Vermont. The snow is melting and the maple syrup is flowing! Visit Billings Farm for Sheep Shearing Weekends in May, go to Sugarbush Farm to see how Maple Syrup is made, and visit Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park, which opens in late May. Be sure to explore the Carriage Trails!
- Search for Spring wild flowers – don’t forget your mud boots!
- Go trout fishing on opening day – second Saturday in April
- Enter a pond skimming contest – a mud season tradition
- Hang out in a sugar house – if interested in visiting one ask around at local General Stores or call the number on the label of a local maple syrup
- Hunt for shed antlers – as you wander the forest looking for spring wild flowers, keep your eyes peeled for the shed antlers from whitetail deer or even moose antlers
- Visit baby lambs at Billings Farm and Museum
- Drink beer outside – Long Trail Brewery has an awesome selection of craft beers and fire pits
- Visit local art galleries – ArtisTree exhibits works by local artists interpreting and inspired by the theme: MUD
- Start out your day with a wonderful Vermont country breakfast at the 506 breakfast buffet
- Help yourself to fresh baked cookies daily in our Bistro along with coffee and tea
- Come try a specialty drink that all start with a house-made shrub at our beautiful bar from 4-11pm daily