Five ski resorts (under an hour drive) are within your reach from On The River Inn. Suicide Six, Quechee Lakes,
Pico, Okemo and Killington have some of the best trails in Central Vermont. In addition to downhill skiing, there are numerous places to cross-country ski and snowshoe. Be sure to take a sleigh ride at Billings Farm! One of the highlights of the Winter season is Woodstock’s Wassail Weekend, which includes a parade, beautifully decorated home tours and festive activities.
Winter is a classic season in Woodstock. 506 is the perfect, central base to explore our beautiful region:
- Enjoy our hot and hearty Vermont Country Breakfast topped, of course, with delicious Maple Syrup and Maple Cream
- Play a game of pinball on “Wipeout”, or challenge a friend to a game of foosball, air hockey, or a basketball shootout
- Take a snowshoe hike around the Pogue or up Mt. Tom
- Experience the winter sports revolution known as ‘Fat Biking’
- Glide and kick around the groomed Nordic ski trails at Mt. Peg
- Test your mettle on the slopes Suicide Six or Killington
- Take a journey back in time to 1890s farm life at Billings Farm
- Stroll the snowy streets of our “ridiculously Pretty” (as per the Boston Globe) village of Woodstock for some shopping, restaurants, and a taste of Village life
- Enjoy complimentary afternoon cookies, coffee and tea in the Bistro 0am-5pm
- Roast complimentary s’mores at the fire pit nightly 5pm-8pm
- Treat your muscles to soak in our 99 degree jetted pool and steam in our cedar sauna
- Fill up on one of our delicious Winter Menu options in the Bistro….
- Savor a freshly made craft cocktail… at our antique bar or sip a local craft brew